Start a new topic
Answered

Finished my Pending Status and applying for Certification

Hi, 

I have completed the application for full B Corp from Pending status. I heard that recertification for already accredited companies is quick because you are anticipating them, is it the same for Pending to Full certification companies? I'm wondering if I'll have to wait 5 months before being able to say I'm a real B Corp :)

Thanks very much,

Best Answer

Thank you for your question and for your commitment to the B Corp community! Pending B Corps are treated as New Certifications, as the Verification process for full B Corp Certification is a lot more in-depth than the process for obtaining Pending B Corp certification. Because of this, your company will be in the New Certification queue. However, having obtained Pending B Corp helps with certain items in the Verification process (particularly the Legal Requirement, which your company was required to complete in order to become a Pending B Corp).

Answer

Thank you for your question and for your commitment to the B Corp community! Pending B Corps are treated as New Certifications, as the Verification process for full B Corp Certification is a lot more in-depth than the process for obtaining Pending B Corp certification. Because of this, your company will be in the New Certification queue. However, having obtained Pending B Corp helps with certain items in the Verification process (particularly the Legal Requirement, which your company was required to complete in order to become a Pending B Corp).

1 person likes this
The certificate is a badge of honour and selfless service offered to help others by showing the solidarity and support.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment