Start a new topic

Do I have to become a benefit corporation?

As you can see below, we are an independent corporation incorporated in Delaware, in the USA. So below are the Legal Requirements we're supposed to meet. 

My first question is: The only way to meet these requirements seems to adopt the benefit corporation status. Do we have to it in the following weeks / months so as to become Pending BCorp ? 

Capture d’écran 2021-05-14 à 11.21.47.png

Thank you for your help and looking forward to working with you so as to become a BCorp company as soon as we can in order to structure our company in a sustainable way !  

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Thank you for reaching out with your question! We're excited your company is interested in becoming a Pending B! 

Per B Lab's guidelines for Pending Bs, the legal requirement must be completed before the company is 12 months in operations. As you noted, our Legal Requirement Tool states the pathway for a independent corporation in Delaware to meet these requirements is to become a Benefit Corporation. One of the key reasons why we have the Pending B designation is to help set companies up for success with the B Corp Certification process by having them meet the Legal Requirement early in the development of the business. If you'd like to learn more about why B Lab considers the legal requirement to be so vital, I'd recommend checking out this article in B Lab's Knowledgebase. 

Thank you and have a great day!

Login or Signup to post a comment